Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Service

I don't need any more reasons to love transit. I really like it. I even made this and put it in my spokes. I've written about it before, I'm sure I'll write about it again.

But today, transit gave me another reason to love her.

I have mentioned it before, but for some background; Tasha and my mom ride FrontRunner to and from the Layton Station to drop Morgan off and pick him up. Usually my mom rides down in the morning, and Tasha rides up in the evening. On those evening switches the northbound and southbound
trains get to the Layton Station at the same time.

The southbound train had been at the station for about a minute when the northbound train arrived. So Tasha jumped out, grabbed Morgan, and hopped on the train back to Salt Lake. As my mom was walking back to her car she passed the cab and the engineer's window was open. She said "Thanks, we had a baby to hand off." The engineer yelled out the window "I know, that's why I waited."

What a great driver. Thanks transit, I love you.

1 comment:

k8 said...

that is a really great story.