Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Next Step

This semester has rushed by. I just left my last class before fall break, roughly the halfway point of the semester. For the past few years that would have been music to my ears. I have taken classes each of the past 8 semesters, including summers. Finals week has almost been a relief because it meant I was close to a few weeks of rest.

Now, I love school. Finding Planning was the best thing that could have happened. I have legitimately enjoyed most of my classes in those 8 semesters. The majority of the papers I have written have been on topics I like. The above paragraph is meant to say that breaks are nice.

However, this semester is different. This is my last semester. Finals week this time means I am done, it means I need to find a full time job. It is an interesting place. Suddenly, the day I have looked forward to is here.

I am sure I will be able to find a job, I am not nervous about my qualifications, I know I can be a planner. It is the range of possibilities that I find overwhelming. Public or private? Local or regional? Stay here or move?

I would hate to sound like I am complaining about too many options. With the current economic, um, situation, there are plenty of soon to be grads who face a much bleaker picture. So I will reuse another word. Excited.

1 comment:

k8 said...

enjoy this feeling little brother. i'm proud of you.